Her Name Is Rio

I don’t normally like to partake in the dumb quizzes that seem to saturate low-rent weblogs; it makes me feel foolish and unclean, as though I’ve fallen in a clown-colored mud puddle. But an old friend of mine sent me this, and I was shocked and ashamed at how much of it I could rattle off from memory.

I could have lived a full, satisfying life without being reminded that Luka lived on the second floor. Now I feel that knowledge like a parasite inside me, slowly corroding the bars of its neuron cage until the horrible day of its final escape, when it can consume the tattered remnants of musical taste whole. It’s hungry, I feel it. Hungry like the wolf.

Thank God Kish, or MC Miker & DJ Sven didn’t show up in that thing. That would have been awful.

1. dorkSpotter
    Posted December 11, 2003 at 4:36 am | Permalink

That’s quite a memory you’ve got there. Now if you can find a way to raise that I.Q. of yours, you might make something of yourself.

Posted December 11, 2003 at 8:04 am | Permalink

Golly, you sure are funny.

3. Posted December 11, 2003 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Hrmm, I’m not so sure about his scoring system. I left a few blanks and still ended up with a score of 102.5. I think that’s probably grounds to kill myself anyway, but I wouldn’t really want my last words to be, “Don’t turn around (uh ah oh), Der Komissar’s in town (uh ah ohhh).”

4. Lara
    Posted December 11, 2003 at 11:30 am | Permalink

this is one of those quizzes that you’re almost embarrassed to score well on. It’s truly scary how many of those I remember.

Posted December 11, 2003 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Is there a nineties version of that around anywhere?

6. sean
    Posted December 11, 2003 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

If I lie about my score I feel better somehow.

7. nick
    Posted December 12, 2003 at 12:05 am | Permalink

50.5. although i have to admit i did miss the police question, which i really should know.

8. Posted December 12, 2003 at 1:13 am | Permalink

63.5. I guess I grew up with that stuff, but I wasn’t watching the right TV or something. I am not at all surprised that Coop aced it.

9. Posted December 12, 2003 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

I like that the lyrics page for “80 Days” has a link labelled “Read the latest Kish news”. As if.

Posted December 12, 2003 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Hey, that man was on the cutting edge of white-bread suburbanite hip-hop for at least three weeks.

11. Posted December 12, 2003 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Hey, he was the original Asiatic white-bread suburbanite:

“Last stop: the motherland”
    “Yo Kish, you went to Africa?”
    “Nah, Japan”

Also from memory :-)

Posted December 13, 2003 at 1:32 am | Permalink

Note to self: ph34r c00p.

13. Sean Neakums
    Posted December 14, 2003 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

A staggering twelve point five.

There should be a Pink Floyd version of this quiz.