Mars V. Venus

Provided without comment, a transcription of an actual conversation:

“I love you.”

“I love croutons.”

“Nyaaagh!”

1. Posted December 19, 2004 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Croutons, when made from toasted sourdough and pumpernickel laced with garlic butter, are hard not to love.

Was the Nyaaagh an utterance on it’s own, or was it a real word influenced by a mouthful of said croutons?

Posted December 20, 2004 at 9:19 am | Permalink

There were no croutons or crouton-related program activities found in the vicinity of this conversation.

3. Melanie
    Posted December 20, 2004 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Hmm.. This bears an uncanny resemblance. to a certain episode of “That 70s show”:

“I love you”

“I love cake”

In which Eric’s girlfriend kicks his ass. Any ass-kicking happen here?

Oh, and croutons are icky.

Posted December 20, 2004 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

I’m not the crouton lover, so my ass-kicking options are limited.

5. Posted December 21, 2004 at 12:01 am | Permalink

Is the person who issued the first statement often nicknamed a crouton?

Is it meant as a compliment?

Posted December 21, 2004 at 7:41 am | Permalink

There are no nicknames, euphemisms or secret codes in this exchange, with the exception of “Nyaaagh!”, which you should imagine to be the sound of metal grinding on the inside of a coping mechanism.

7. Posted December 21, 2004 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Do you ever worry that she’s picking up those kind of statements from friends? Knowing some of the folks you hang around with, I can see them and theirs coming up with a conversation like that.

I thought it was pretty hysterical, myself. That may explain a few things about my social life, though.

Posted December 21, 2004 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

No, she is a well-known crouton sympathizer, and has been seen associating with croutons in the past.