One of the things about beta software is that it’s very easily abused to comic effect.
Consider Google Maps:
- Looking for Zombies near Toronto? Future Shop. Or the movies.
- For some reason, Murderers near Ottawa, Ontario produces some, er, amusing results.
- The White House is one of the thieves near Washington D.C.
- Fascinatingly, “crack-whores near Washington D.C.” produces only two results.
- On the other hand, fighting crime has never been easier. (Switzerland?)
- In reinforcing-the-stereotypes news, inbreeding near Provo, Utah can be found, among other places at the obvious one.
- This is just wierd.
- And I think that nobody’s surprised to find out that the Ottawa Citizen is a good place to find crack pipes.
- Hah! I knew it!
They practically write themselves.