March 25, 2005


Filed under: analog — mhoye @ 10:09 am

Late last night, in a situation that a sane mind could not possibly believe would lend itself to the consequent imagery, it occurred to me that the condition of having hair on one’s palms should be referred to as “smegmata”.

I was washing a plastic cutting board in my kitchen sink when this came tumbling out of the back of my brain.

Humans, the story goes, only 10% of their brains. If this is the stuff that it spits out, I’m terrified by what the other 90% of my brain must be doing with all that free time. Nevertheless, it is not terribly original, so I suggest not searching Google for my new word.

Update: Steve Martin needs to star in a Yakuza-themed gangster movie called “My Two Heavens”.


  1. Because you’ll want to know this:
    “smegmata” is greek for “washing balls”. So, your usage is somewhat apt ;)

    Comment by Sean — March 25, 2005 @ 1:07 pm

  2. Way to feed the beast, Sean.

    Comment by Mike Hoye — March 25, 2005 @ 1:28 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress