blarg?

June 10, 2005

Trackback is dead.

Filed under: digital — mhoye @ 1:01 pm

Moving from the general, “Trackback is dead”, to the specific, “Trackback is dead”, I’ve broken-on-purpose the trackback stuff on Bitchcake.

I hope that’s not a problem for anybody, but the number of legitimate trackback pings I’ve received since I moved over to MT (six, I think) has been outweighed by the trackback spam by a number that would give you an aneurysm if it showed up on your bar tab, so that’s the end of that.

1. He He He… I just posted about this too. You were nicer. I called them bastards. Because they are.

Comment by janice — June 11, 2005 @ 7:23 am

2. So … what IS a trackback? I’ve seen them all over the place, but have no idea as to what they are.

Comment by Joe — June 12, 2005 @ 12:36 am

3. Trackback was meant to be a way of keeping track of where a discussion is continuing – you post something, it gets talked about, and somebody else with a different take, or whatever, can send a “trackback ping” to that weblog to indicate that, hey, we’re talking about that over here too – come over here and see what else is being said about it.

What really happened was that people decided that no matter what you were talking about, maybe you’d like to talk about playing a card game. Or maybe you’d like to know how this little known herbal remedy can make your cock the size of a tree trunk. Or maybe you’d like to talk about buying enough psychoactive prescription drugs to knock out a whale.

Comment by Mike Hoye — June 12, 2005 @ 9:33 pm

4. Thanks for the help.

So, how’s it going lately for you?

Comment by Joe — June 13, 2005 @ 2:12 pm

5. Well, I’m a little depressed that my cock’s not the size of a tree trunk, but maybe a card game will cheer me up.

Comment by Mike Hoye — June 13, 2005 @ 2:37 pm

6. Yes, but you should be glad. The uses of it would be quite limited, and you’d have to get used to new things like having children climb it or having people try to chop it off and throw it in the fire. Count your blessings, man!!

Comment by Joe — June 13, 2005 @ 5:52 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress