I Will Let You Eat Cake

It’s Arlene’s birthday this weekend, and we haven’t really had a housewarming for our new place yet, and so the place is so cold, so very, cold…

We’re doing that this Friday evening. It’s our new place, in its Super Double Secret Location, which some of you will recognize as being directly across the road from my parents’ place, which is in turn a fact that most of you will recognize as being wierd and creepy, but hey, it’s a nice neighborhood. Superman had his Fortress Of Solitude and me, I get a Bunker Of Help Son The Internets Aren’t Working Again Get Over Here. It’s a nice neighborhood, I say to myself over and over again while I’m curled up in a corner of the basement rocking back and forth. Plus, the rent’s not bad! Did I mention wierd and creepy?

In the spirit of things not at all creepy but hopefully the fun kind of wierd, we’re inviting people over to our Fly New Crib™ for birthdayish things like pizza and cake, around sevenish. I’m hoping that we can rope some people into some games of the board and video variety afterwards, ’cause we have an impressive quantity of available real estate here that we’re rattling around in. If you’re coming, let me know!

1. Melanie
    Posted September 21, 2005 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Wow, that is pretty weird and creepy. I hope you’ll stop by and visit my parents sometime soon – they miss you. Plus, it will make me less guilty for how little I see them (speaking of, I’ll be in town the first week in October – we should get together).

2. Melanie
    Posted September 21, 2005 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

3. Melanie
    Posted September 21, 2005 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Oops – I didn’t think that first one went through.

4. Posted September 21, 2005 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

The latitude/longitude of that address according to Google Maps (as well as MapQuest; I’ve been mining the data (direct link – ~3.5 megs) in the Ottawa Atlas, too, but don’t yet know how to convert back to lat/long coordinates from the projection system used for those data) are 45.400077, -75.688376, for future reference.

Should I bring anything gaming-related along? Extra controllers? Other (hard|soft)ware? How do you feel about Bomberman?

Posted September 21, 2005 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Ben: The fourth controller, is all.

I do not know bomberman, but I hear he’s a blast. Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

6. Posted September 23, 2005 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Le groan.

See you tonight!

7. Anonymous
    Posted September 24, 2005 at 5:45 am | Permalink

Well, it IS in a nice location. Yah. That’s it. See you Oct. 6th.

8. Mark
    Posted September 24, 2005 at 5:46 am | Permalink

Well, it IS in a nice location. Yah. That’s it. See you Oct. 6th.