- Gang Of Four, “Contract”.
- Cop Shoot Cop, “The Coldest Day Of The Year”
- Jimi Hendrix, “Hey Joe”
- Harvey Danger, “Diminishing Returns”
- Afghan Whigs, “Mr. Superlove”
- The Dresden Dolls, “Bad Habit”
- Tom Waits, “Frank’s Wild Years”
- Gang Of Four, “Love Like Anthrax”
- U2, “Until The End Of The World”
- Furnaceface, “You Poison My Cup”
Today’s theme is “Songs that you kind of wish hadn’t come up on shuffle while you were trying to plan your wedding ceremony.” Damn you, random numbers! In truth, though, things are coming together pretty well. It looks like we’re down to a small set of solveable problems. Here’s to not having one event suck up all of our free time, soon; let’s all raise a glass to the inexorable passage of time.
On the off chance that some large percentage of our imminent guests are reading this, I’d like to say that we’ve done a fair bit of work on this wedding thing. And while I don’t think you’re obliged to act grateful or be extra-nice or anything, you should know that if anything actually makes Arlene cry on the day of, my wrath will be without mercy or end, an engine that pursues and grinds and neither slows nor tires. It will have form and agency and you will hear a faint and keening wail, as though legions are suffering in the distance, and it will extend a vast clawed hand skyward to blacken the sun.
I’m just sayin’. So you know, y’know.