An Interactive Adventure

The Subterraneanist

You are in a room. It is cool and brightly lit. There is a phone here. There are many machines here, with green lights. They are humming. There is one machine here with a red light. The red light is blinking. It is making no sound.

> look at machine

The machine has a red light on it. It is silent. The light is blinking.

> fix machine

The machine is under warranty. Are you sure you want to do that?

> look on machine

There is a service agreement here. It says “4 Hrs.”

> use service agreement.

Nothing happens.

> use service agreement on phone.

The service agreement slides off the phone and onto the floor.

> pick up service agreement

You pick up the service agreement.

> Look in service agreement.

You see a phone number here.

> use phone number

You dial the phone number. You are now on hold.

> wait

Nothing happens. You are on hold.

> wait

Nothing happens. You are on hold.

> wait

A strange voice speaks to you from the phone. You do not understand what they are saying.

> use service agreement on phone

The strange voice gives you an incident number and hangs up.

> wait

You hear only a dial tone.

> hang up phone

You hang up the phone.

> wait four hours

Nothing happens.

> wait four hours

Nothing happens.

> wait four hours

Nothing happens.

> use phone number

You dial the phone number. You are now on hold.

> wait

Nothing happens. You are on hold.

> wait

Nothing happens. You are on hold.

> ait

A strange voice speaks to you from the phone. You do not understand what they are saying.

> use incident number on phone

A strange voice speaks to you from the phone. You do not understand what they are saying.

> use service agreement on strange voice

You hear a click, then a hum. A new voice speaks to you from the phone. It asks what time zone you are in.

> hang up phone

You hang up the phone

> exit room

The red light is still flashing. Are you sure you don’t want to think about that?

> exit room

The red light is still flashing. Are you sure you don’t want to think about that?

> think about that

A thought bubble appears above your head.

> read thought bubble

It says “There are only two paths an unhappy customer can take.”

> exit room

There are two exits. Please be more specific.

> look at exits

One is labelled “no longer unhappy”. The other is labelled “no longer a customer”. You hear the phone ringing.

> exit room

There are two exits. Please be more specific. You hear the phone ringing.

2 Comments

  1. Posted August 21, 2008 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

    Sir,

    A Perfect implementation!

    Don’t forget to look under the rug.

  2. Mark
    Posted August 23, 2008 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

    What a nostalgia rush…