Let’s say you wanted to design a laptop, preinstalled with Linux and for a linux-user audience. This is mostly my own notes about what I’d like, but I wouldn’t mind some feedback.
- Pixel Qi screen 14″ inches if possible, for power and daylight readability.
- Arm SOC (Tegra?)
- User-replaceable battery and RAM.
- Ideally, off-the-shelf batteries. Are cellphone batteries now good enough that you could line up four of them to power a laptop? Could be, could be…
- Casing that was meant to be disassembled, insofar as possible. Not junk, but not triwing-five-point-torx screws, either.
- Built-in software-defined-radio-usable chips, two of them, and significant antenna.
- Bluetooth 4, usb3. Wifi, obviously.
- HDMI out. It’d be nice to know if a chip existed that could support HDMI-out and the Pixel Qi screens, that sounds like the best of both worlds.
- Nonjunk touchpad.
What am I missing? Anything else?