March 12, 2009
- Was stored in a Filemaker Pro 9 database
- running in a virtual machine,
- on a Linux cluster,
- which I accessed via an FMP8 front end,
- running in a different virtual machine,
- behind a virtual network switch,
- on a different Linux box,
- that’s bridged via the host server’s network port,
- to the rest of our network,
- which I accessed via VMWare’s Web Access plugin,
- running in Firefox,
- on my Windows desktop.
I pasted it into a different Filemaker Pro database, via much the same path, and got a little irate that it took me one or two tries of hitting control-C and control-V to get it to work before I realized what I was asking for.
It is flat-out amazing that any of this works at all, much less as well as it does.